Starfleet Command
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplaying rules and guidelines

Go down

Roleplaying rules and guidelines Empty Roleplaying rules and guidelines

Post  CAPT Darryl F Wood Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:46 pm

There are several things that should be kept in mind when creating a character:

1. Character does not have to be important - admiral and so on. Actually, it is preferred that your character is not important, for simplicity, and because artificial importance is not required for character to be interesting. Keep in mind Kirk's advice to Picard: "Don't let them remove you from that chair.". Anything up to rank of captain is okay. Anything above that can pass, but should not be preferred. Keep in mind that job of flag officers is really mostly paperwork - it would be hard to keep your character's backstory - and stories - interesting, when most of your messages should be "Oh, God, still 1240 pages of reports to sort through." or "Damn, I have lot of paperwork to do, sorry guys, I have to go."

2. Avoid bringing canon characters into your roleplay and backstory - you didn't have coffee with Picard.

3. Avoid special snowflake syndrome. That really isn't required - you don't have to be first Romulan in Starfleet.

4. Don't assume control of other peoples' characters and stories without their permission.

5. Don't litter your posts with references to 21st century. That really isn't required, or reasonable - this is 24th century, after all. How many people do you think will have extensive knowledge of things that happened 370 years ago?

6. Have an issue with something in forum? Take it directly to mods or myself.
CAPT Darryl F Wood
CAPT Darryl F Wood
Admin

https://starfleet-command.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down